Axis M1031-W not responding

• Hi, I’m trying to connect to the Axis M1031-W which seems to be supported reading through the pre-reqs. It works on VLC Internally. Here are my settings. I have tried a few resolutions to no avail.

62209e50-20db-45f3-9551-ec1e8a9eb024-image.png

• I’ve just realised the gateway is required for echo show 5 (and probably 8). I will test this and advise.

• I have installed the gateway and can see the request in the logs try to initiate the session, but it still does not work. I am running the gateway on a raspberrypi using the .deb package (as the docker container wouldn’t start). I am assuming my DNS binding is a problem as it isn’t able to define it dynamically from what I can tell.

• I have resolved this by resolving DNS bind issues for my Google Wifi setup using these instructions. https://support.google.com/wifi/answer/9144137?hl=en

Cheers!

• Trying to connect to my P3245-LVE and having trouble.
    Can you do me the favor and post the config page of your camera in the Monocle settings?

I’ve installed the gateway and generated a token for it.

Still the camera is not reacting via Alexa…

• This config page?

0eebd95f-dfa3-4f64-be4e-0724b9712690-image.png

• @arrikhan

Is the 10.1.0.232 the address of your camera in your local network?

this one here:

Monocle Webinterface.jpg

• Just realized that I had to add “@tunnel” to the Tags.

Now I can see something happening in the Monocle gateway.

Unfortunately I get a “401” (Unauthorized) error…

tunnel.jpg

• Hmm… it only works for the P3245-LVE if I switch to Basic Authentication, the default of the camera (DIGEST) does not work with the Monocle app.

Which means I can’t use the camera in my recording system anymore (Axis Camera Station)…

Tried it with an M1145-L, which only has Basic Authentication, works fine with that camera.

Let’s see if I can motivate the Monocle developers to investigate…

• I have this exact same problem. Digest is not working. Would appreciate you guys having a look at this. I can include logging. The Axis Camera station is far less secure if we have to revert to basic authentication to make it work. Any chance for some help with this?